Sunday, October 27, 2013
1. Freeze or Refrigerate food within 2 hours of cooking.
2. Only keep leftover food 3-4 days. After 4 days eat it or freeze it. Mark your leftovers so you remember how long they've been in there. Get creative, Color Code or use stickers.
3. If its growing, TOSS IT. Any mold or signs of fuzziness should be tossed, even if it smells okay.
4. Ditch the door: Don't store Milk or Eggs in your refrigerator door because the temperature fluctuates. Store your eggs, milk, and anything with short shelf life in the middle of your shelf where the temperature is the most consistent.
5. Re-use those left overs. Left over rice, chicken, and veggies can go together to create great soups, stews, or casseroles. Get creative with your leftovers and try not to be wasteful. Check out this website for ideas for your leftovers. The Left Over Queen