It has been forever since I've posted but I'm back doing what I love! I've got a new job, more time and a new life :) Anyway, heavy cream is the most amazing thing to cook with. I ate at Midnight Diner is Charlotte and they have the most amazing Shrimp and grits. I gave the recipe a try with my best guesses at ingredients and I'm pretty pleased with the results
12 oz. Shrimp
Fresh Spinach 2 cups whole
Red, Green, Yellow sweet peppers 1 cup chopped
Half a Yellow Onion chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk or almond milk
3 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. Cajun seasonings
Optional andouille sausage
Optional 3 slices cooked bacon
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Instructions: Shrimp and Grits Sauce
(If you're going to have sausage and bacon pre-cook)
1. Heat your skillet to medium heat and add butter.
2. Add flour once butter is melted and combine.
3. Add Heavy cream and stir until the mixture thickens.
4. Add milk to loosen the mixture. Continue to stir over medium heat.
5. Add spinach, peppers and onions to mixture and stir. Give vegetables time to soften.
Add seasonings here.
6. Add cooked shrimp, bacon and sausage.
7. Spread over grits and enjoy :)