Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Southern Salmon Patties

I learned this recipe from my grandma. It is one of things I really love but do not eat too often. I prefer pan searing or frying with olive oil but you can use whatever oil you chose. There are no special seasonings to this simple southern delight.

Ingredients:
1 can of Pink Salmon (any brand) or 2 baked or grilled salmon fillets
1/2 cup of Pepperidge Farm Stuffing (bread crumbs)
1/4 cup of chopped onions
1 egg
Olive Oil
Cast Iron Skillet (or regular skillet)

Intructions:
Step 1:Blend bread crumbs and onions into the can of pink salmon.
Step 2: Add egg last and stir until all contents well blended.
Step 3: Flatten salmon mixture into patties as large or as small as you like but not too thick.
Step 4: Add olive oil into your skillet and set on medium.
            Wait until oil is sizzling then add each patty.
Step 5: Cook each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.

Final Steps:
Really good as salmon burgers or with buttermilk biscuits and some veggies. Enjoy :)

2 comments:

Jessica @ Blog-Inspired Cooking said...

I am always on the lookout for quick and easy fish dishes like this since my son loves fish. I like that it uses canned salmon, I'm too lazy to work with fresh fish all the time, sometimes you've got to bust out a can of something!

Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you found a new recipe for your son! You're certainly welcome.