Sunday, January 20, 2013

Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli

Since I've been dieting in preparation for my last Spring Break Cruise, my diet has consisted of eating a lot of chicken. It became extremely redundant and non satisfying at all. I had some Teriyaki sauce left over from the Anniversary Chicken I made a few weeks ago so I decided to use it and this is what I came out with. I suggest using Low-Sodium Teriyaki sauce. It taste better to me and has way less sodium. This is super quick and easy and will be my go to on a lazy night!


Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min

 2-3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1-2 c of frozen or raw broccoli
1 bag or 2 cups of Success rice
1/4 c of LOW SODIUM Teriyaki Sauce
Spices to taste *Cayenne Pepper, basil, salt and pepper*
(To be fancy)
Small can of mushrooms
1/2 c onion
1/2 bell pepper
2 tbs Olive Oil

Instructions:
Step 1: Pan sear chicken and cut into 1 inch cubes
Step 2: Boil broccoli for 5 min (do not fully cook)
Step 3: Boil Rice for 10
Step 4: Strain Broccoli and add to pan with cooked chicken
(To be Fancy) *optional
Step 4.1 Saute onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms in a seperate skillet on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
Step 5: Add Teriyaki sauce and cook on high heat with chicken and broccoli.
 

Final Steps: Serve with rice and sauteed veggies.

No comments: