Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Creamy Spinach and Chicken bowties
I haven't made this in years and couldn't find the recipe anywhere so I'm winging it. I bought a huge bag of spinach and have to use it before it goes bad. This means lots of breakfast smoothies and spinach salads. The turnout was delicious and my boyfriend who doesn't like cooked spinach ate it all! I put the pictures in order so you can see what it should look like as you're going.
Prep Time-15 min
Cook time- 30 min
Baking Dish 9x9 or 9x13
3 Chicken Breast (cooked and cubed)
1 box Bowtie Pasta
1 can Fat-free Cream of Chicken Soup
1 bunch fresh spinach
1.5 tbs Italian Seasoning or
1.5 tbs Basil and Oregano
Mozzarella Cheese for topping
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Heat and dice chicken in a skillet on medium heat.
(Meanwhile, boil your bow tie pasta)
2. Add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic to the skillet and seasonings on top of the chicken.
3. After your chicken is cooked add the fresh spinach on top until it shrinks and is soft.
4. Combine Cream of Chicken soup with 1 can of water and heat in the microwave for 1 min and 30 sec.
5. Strain your pasta after it has cooked and cover the bottom of your baking dish.
6. Add chicken and spinach mixture to the baking dish and mix with pasta.
7. Add heated soup over entire baking dish and mix well.
8. Top with Mozzarella Cheese and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Serve hot and enjoy!!!