Saturday, March 2, 2013

Smothered Steak

For my Dad's birthday we went out to eat for hopefully a delicious experiences and it was LACK LUSTER! My dad was eyeing the smothered steak but settled for a Cajun chicken wrap. My parents have never prepared steak in our house as long as I can remember, and I didn't really start eating steak until I met my boyfriend. So we didn't opt for Rib eye or any expensive cuts since it really makes no difference to us.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
 
Ingredients
4-5 Slices of thin bottom steak
1/2 small onion
2-3 cups fresh mushrooms
1/4 c of butter
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can filled with water
1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce




Instructions
1. First I seasoned my meat with just salt and pepper then I pan seared each side until brown.
2. I moved my seared steaks into a Pirex dish and set it off to the side.
3. Next I chopped my onions and sauteed them with butter and put them a mixing bowl.
4. Next I washed my mushrooms and halved some pieces that were kind of thick and sauteed them as well. Add them to the bowl with the onions.
4. Add your soup, water, and Worcestershire sauce to the mixing bowl and stir well.
5. Cover your steaks in the mixture and bake at 350 for 1.5 hours. If you have thin steaks like I did, it should only take about an hour.

Final step: Serve with Mashed potatoes (with smothering juice on top) and your veggies.


No comments: