Instead of going the usual Valentine's Day route, I decided to make my boyfriend truffles of his favorite flavor, Key Lime. Even though they aren't for me, I wanted them to be slightly healthy and not overly sweet. Sugar free cake batter and fat free cream cheese helped achieve that goal.
Angel Cake batter (sugar-free)
1/2 c Water
3/4 c Key Lime Juice
8 oz. Fat Free Cream Cheese
1/3 c Olive oil or Vegetable oil
Melted Almond Bark
1. Mix cake batter with Key Lime Juice.
2. Bake Cake according to Box instructions.
3. Let cake cool and crumble in a bowl.
4. Combine cake crumbles with cream cheese.
5. Roll the combination into 1 inch balls and refrigerate for 20 min.
6. Melt almond bark or white chocolate in microwave or on stove.
7. Dip cake balls into melted almond bark and cover completely.
8. Add Sprinkles on top and allow almond bark to harden.
Follow Queen Cuisine on Pinterest