Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pecan Crusted Swai

Swai is a white fish with a mild (slightly sweet) kind of taste. I've never had it, that I know of, or cooked it. I saw it and since I was home with my parents thought it would be a great crowd to try it out on. I really do not like nuts unless they are dipped in chocolate. However, my Mother and Father are nut fanatics so I decided to do a Pecan crusted Swai Recipe.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
4-6 Swai fillets (or substitute with Tilapia)
1 cup finely chopped Pecans
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs or Ritz Crackers




Instructions:
1. Defrost fish fillets and Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Crush Pecans with a rolling pin. You can also process them but Pecans have lots of moisture so putting them in a grinder makes this paste-like.
3. Place crushed pecans on a plate and add bread crumbs and seasonings.
4. Dredge the Swai in egg and cover with pecan mixture completely.
5. Bake for 17-20 minutes.  




With Sides

No comments: